Python Interview Questions: Python is a high-level programming language that is widely used for web development, scientific computing, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and more. It is known for its clear syntax, readability, and ease of use, making it a popular choice for beginners and experienced developers alike. Python also has a large and active community, which provides a wealth of libraries and frameworks to support a wide range of programming tasks. It was first released in 1991 and created by Guido van Rossum. Here we had listed some of the most important interview questions asked of a python programmer. Python is one of the most popular programming languages used in all sectors of Technology.
What are the Companies using Python?
Many companies use Python for various purposes. Some examples include:
- Google: They use Python for web scraping, data analysis, and natural language processing.
- NASA: They use Python for scientific computing, data analysis, and machine learning.
- Spotify: They use Python for data analysis, machine learning, and back-end services.
- Netflix: They use Python for data analysis and machine learning.
- Uber: They use Python for building and deploying machine learning models, as well as for data analysis.
- Dropbox: They use Python for building their web service and back-end infrastructure.
- Reddit: They use Python for building their website, API, and data analysis.
- Quora: They use Python for building their website and data analysis
These are some of the notable companies that use Python, but there are many other companies and organizations that also use it, such as IBM, Bank of America, Cisco, Intel, etc.
Python Interview Questions
- “Explain the difference between a list and a tuple in Python.”
- “What is a dictionary in Python and how is it different from a list or tuple?”
- “How do you handle exceptions in Python?”
- “What is a decorator in Python and how do you use it?”
- “What is the difference between a class and an object in Python?”
- “What is a generator function in Python and how does it differ from a normal function?”
- “What is the difference between a deep copy and a shallow copy in Python?”
- “What is the purpose of the “self” keyword in Python classes?”
- “How do you implement a linked list in Python?”
- “What are some common use cases for Python generators?”
1. What is Python? What are the Benefits of Python?
Ans : Python is a high-level, interpreted, general-purpose programming language. Being a general-purpose language, it can be used to build almost any type of application with the right tools/libraries.
the language is capable of scripting, is completely open-source, and supports third-party packages encouraging modularity and code reuse.
2. What is a dynamically typed Language?
Ans : Python is an interpreted language, that executes each statement line by line and thus type-checking is done on the fly, during execution. Hence, Python is a Dynamically Typed Language.
3. What is an Interpreted Language?
4. What is the use of Self Python?
Ans : Self is used to represent the instance of the class. With this keyword, you can access the attributes and methods of the class in python. It binds the attributes with the given arguments. self is used in different places and is often thought to be a keyword. But unlike in C++, self is not a keyword in Python.
5. What is a __int__ function?
Ans : __init__ is a constructor method in Python and is automatically called to allocate memory when a new object/instance is created. All classes have a __init__ method associated with them. It helps in distinguishing methods and attributes of a class from local variables.
Uses of Python in Various Fields
Python is a versatile programming language that is widely used in a variety of fields, including:
- Web development: Python frameworks such as Django and Flask can be used to build web applications.
- Data Science and Machine Learning: Python libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, and Scikit-learn can be used for data analysis, visualization, and building predictive models.
- Automation and scripting: Python can be used to automate repetitive tasks and create scripts to automate system administration tasks.
- Game development: Python libraries such as Pygame can be used to build games.
- Scientific computing: Python libraries such as SciPy and NumPy can be used for scientific computing and advanced mathematical operations.
- Network Programming: Python can be used to create network-based applications, network protocols, and network scripting.
- Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing: Python is one of the most popular languages in the AI and NLP field, with libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and NLTK.
- Cybersecurity and Penetration Testing: Python is commonly used for cybersecurity and penetration testing due to its ease of use and extensive library support.
- Robotics and Internet of Things: Python is widely used in the robotics and IoT field due to its simplicity and easy-to-use libraries.
This is not an exhaustive list and Python can be used in many other fields as well.